High-quality service is essential in any business, and IT services are no exception. Customers won’t take kindly to downtime, slow performance and delayed requests, so you need to do all you can to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
This is where ISO 20000 comes in. It’s the international IT service management (ITSM) standard, and describes the processes and functions that align IT with organisational goals.
By certifying to the Standard, organisations can evaluate how effectively they deliver managed services, measure service levels and assess their performance. It is strongly linked to ITIL®, the most common approach for IT service management.
Organisations that implement ISO 20000 can:
- Demonstrate reliability and high quality of service;
- Access key markets, as many public-sector organisations mandate that their IT service providers demonstrate compliance with ISO 20000;
- Assure clients that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- Enforce a measurable level of effectiveness and a culture of continual improvement by enabling service providers to monitor, measure and review their service management processes and services;
- Reduce the costs of conformance to many regulations, including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and Sarbanes–Oxley;
- Leverage ITIL practices to optimise resources and processes; and
- Access additional material on security management and managing suppliers and the business.
Become an ISO 20000 expert
Anyone looking to gain the skills to lead an ISO 20000 project should enrol on our ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner Certificate Course.
This three-day training course will help you develop your organisation’s service management capability and assess its readiness for certification. It covers the principles of ITSM, the interpretation and application of the Standard and how you can implement its requirements.