ISO22301 professional certifications – great for career continuity planningJuly 10th, 2013 by Rob Freeman
ISO22301, the new kid on the business continuity block, replaced BS 25999 in 2012 as the definitive standard for business continuity. As organisations begin to realise the wider business benefits that ISO22301 compliance brings, gaining a professional certification in this area certainly bodes well for career continuity.
As Tony Drewitt, Risk Consultant at IT Governance and Business Continuity Expert notes: “An industry-standard ISO 22301 qualification is a great addition to any C.V. particularly as the demand for certified organisations will increase in the future, as customers seek assurance that appropriate measures are in place for business continuity.”
The ISO22301 Learning Pathway offers ambitious business continuity professionals a structured route to developing knowledge and skills in the implementation and maintenance of the ISO22301 standard.
The pathway includes the following learning objectives:
- Understand the requirements of the ISO22301 standard
- Develop an ISO22301 compliant business continuity management system (BCMS)
- Deliver the wider business benefits of ISO22301 compliance
- Lead a cost-effective and efficient implementation project
- Effectively audit and maintain a BCMS
The ISO22301 Learning Pathway also provides opportunities to gain the following professional certifications, awarded by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ).
- Certified BCMS Foundation (CBC F)
- Certified BCMS Lead Implementer (CBC LI)
- Certified BCMS Lead Auditor (CBC LA)